I realized I never updated this blog after my last half marathon. Perhaps this will inspire you to help me close the gap on my fundraising?
THIRD HALF MARATHON COMPLETE!
A huge THANK YOU to those of you that have helped me get SOOOO close to my fundraising goal as I participated in the Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon with Team Challenge. I still have just over $530 to raise to help find a cure for Crohn’s & Colitis. I’m on the hook for all of that if I don’t raise it. Although I am not personally affected by this disease, as I’ve met so many incredible people through this training program and found out that I’ve personally connected and wasn’t aware.
I wanted to share with you all that I ran the race in 2:19. It wasn’t a PR, but was definitely one for more hills that I expected. Here are 13 memorable moments for me:
13. I was a member of BOTH Team SF AND Team Wisconsin (honorary)! WOOT!
12. Awesome to hear Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready speak about his colitis at TC Pasta Party, then see him hanging out at the finish line, THEN hear that he essentially called my friend (and WI coach) Tim a rockstar!
11. Stopping and walking briefly with my friend Nicole from Team WI was AWESOME.
10. Watching my dear friend Mandi finish her first half RULED.
9. Watching my Team SF teammates finish their first halves and hearing that some of the experienced runners finished in sub-2 rocked.
8. Being pushed along the way by SF Coach John, and WI Coaches Annie and Tim made me feel spoiled.
7. I ran the best (58:54!) and worst (1:18:54) 10ks of my life. I pushed WAY too hard out of the gate and ended up deciding to just walk Mile 10 after the 2:15 pacers past me and I knew I wouldn’t PR. Really need to work on my timing!
6. It was totally motivational to run for a cause like Crohn’s & Colitis. Even when I was feeling physically at my worst, I kept pushing through seeing people that are struggling with these diseases out there completing this thing.
5. I’m really grateful that this was a weekend away and truly a bonding experience. It’s been awesome getting to know my SF teammates better and hopefully we will stay in touch! |
4. Wine Country is GORGEOUS.
3. The finish line with a special Team Challenge tent, gourmet food, free massages, wine tasting AND Lagunitas on tap was most excellent.
2. Holy cats, I’ve done this three times now. And it was so brilliant to have a mix of both my “old life” and “new life” there for me at the finish.
1. I still have fundraising to do! Please, if this has inspired you at all, donate to this important cause here: http://www.active.com/donate/napa11sf/NapaMArnold If you’re able to give any amount before August 17, it’d be much appreciated.
Of course, as always, please let me know what causes YOU are challenging yourself to help support these days and I’ll try and reciprocate the best I can.