Um, so yeah.
Remember how prolific I was at the beginning of the month? I wish I could wire my brain to auto-blog because dang, I’ve been hyper-busy adventuring since. Let’s see, last time I wrote I was guiding Amanda around North Beach. Let’s see, what have I done since?
Week of the 9th:
- Sat a few rows behind home plate for Grateful Dead Night at the Giants game, in which Phil Lesh & Bob Weir sang the national anthem. And it was one of the few games this month the Giants actually won. My hopes of a Giants-Brewers playoff series are all but lost.
- On N-Judah ride home from said game, I met a lost Portuguese tourist, gave him directions, and then accepted his invite to show him around until he caught a 3 a.m. bus to Yo-sem-eat (Yosemite). Pretty much repeated Amanda & I’s night, but with crazy dancing at The Saloon.
- Went to Clap Your Hands Say Yeah at The Independent with Ingrid and Ben, and realizing upon arrival that I’d somehow bought FOUR tickets, our friend Weber as well.
- Woke up to a giant blaze across the street from our house.
- After a power nap, found the energy to go out to the Divisadero Art Walk and then out on the town with my roommate, Sadie, and her friends.
- Spent a weekend at Outside Lands, one of the better music fests I’ve been too. Saw (*=faves, !!=extra faves): The Joy Formidable*, Phantogram, Toro Y Moi, Orgone*, The Limousines, BIG AUDIO DYNAMITE (!!), Best Coast, The Stone Foxes,* The Greyboy Allstars, Vetiver*, Sia, The Black Keys*, Paper Diamond*, Girl Talk*, TUNE-YARDS (!!), Junip*, !!!*, MAJOR LAZER (!!), Wye Oak*, The Decemberists*, Beirut, Deadmau5, and Arcade Fire*. Whew.
Week of the 15th:
- Biked through BART Protests to attend “In Search of the Promised Tomatoland” lecture hosted by CUESA. Got a copy of Tomatoland signed by Barry Estabrook and free eggplants from Eat Well Farm. Made amazing eggplant parmesan (and later baba ganoush).
- Hosted my friends Tracy & Jackie from Milwaukee. Took them on a Lower Haight journey one night (Little Chihuahua, Danny Coyle’s, Toronado, The Page) and through Hayes Valley (Momi Toby’s Revolution Cafe & Art Bar (which had no art), Marlena’s) ending at Nerd Nite at Rickshaw Stop.
- Went to Summer Craft Night at Ruth’s Table with Ingrid and then out for Sangria at Cha Cha Cha.
- Broadened my horizons by going to Noc Noc, trying sake bombs and Underberg, then going to a backroom Hookah Lounge in Upper Haight.
- Ran all over on Saturday after being awakened by my awful neighbors. Bought a $5 necklace that’s garnered 5x as many compliments at the Alamo Square Flea Market, participated in the San Francisco Bike Coalition Membership Strategy Meeting, experienced the delicious clusterf**k that is the San Francisco Street Food Festival, and nerded out at the 25th Anniversary screening of Labyrinth at the Castro Theatre, featuring a panel of mupeeteers (including Brian Henson) and hosted by Adam from Mythbusters. There was also a costume contest and a surprise appearance by the woman who played Hoggle (who none of the crew had seen since the filming). After all this, I met out with Tracy & Jackie and moseyed from The Castro to the Mission.
- Met up with Mary Ann and her fam for brunch at The Butler & The Chef, stocked up at The Heart of the City Farmers Market, then ACTUALLY ran almost 7 miles with my new running shoes.
I’ve also become addicted to watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix in my “spare time.”
You’ll forgive me for not blogging?