About a week late, but last month was slightly insane with running the Oakland Half Marathon AND running a two-day conference. Here’s my report (sorry no links yet):
- Pay off one source of outstanding debt
Nothing in March, but I’ll have a great update next month.
- Coordinate one outing a month in a different San Francisco or Oakland neighborhood.
Spent some quality time in Oakland. Hit up the Imperial Stout Fest at Beer Revolution (3/24) and returned to the Golden Lotus & Fox Theater on 4/10.
- Visit one of my five remaining states (Arkansas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Alaska)
- Read one book per month.
Finished Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts. Also quickly read Tiny Fey’s Bossypants.
- Curate and share one playlist per month on Spotify.
2012 v.3: Best of March Tracks and Kicking a Goat’s Ass (Someone misread “Goal” for “Goat” on that and it stuck).
- Write one min. 1,000 word creative piece per month (essay or fiction).
Big time fail…I’d like to be ambitious and say this rolls over…so I’m looking at 4,000 in April.
- Interact with a stranger every day. Try and update My Stranger Project.
Blog STILL not being updated because Tumblr’s app is terrible, BUT doing my best to be cognizant of who I interact with.
- Discover and share something new every week.
I’ve been really bad at keeping metrics for this, but I am always sharing onTwitter & Facebook. Again, I need to hold myself more accountable.
- Attend one concert per month.
Creators Project (3/17): Zola Jesus, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Squarepusher, LCD DJ set at Fort Mason; Sharon Van Etten/War On Drugs (3/21) at Independent; Jeff Mangum (4/10) at Fox Theater
- Do yoga once a week.
3/18/2012 (yin), 3/19 (restorative), 3/28 (restorative), 3/29 (ashtanga), 3/30 (meditation @ Hanuman), 4/1 (restorative)
- Cook something once a week.
Been REALLY bad about this due to my busy schedule. I did make a tuna casserole for my Mad Men premiere party.
- Go out to a bar/restaurant by myself once per month.
Mad Dog in the Fog (3/15 & 3/16) during March Madness; Toronado (4/8)
- Try a new beer once per week (resurrect Beer Broads).
Again, having issues with Tumblr, but also haven’t been tracking. 3/18: Drake’s Pale Ale; 3/24: Imperial Stout Fest – Stone, Block, Oskar Blues, 4/10: Widmer Dark Saison
- Use my road bike once per month.
No ride on my road bike, but took my new Jamis down to Lake Merced for a nice long ride.
- Try a new hike once per month.
Just didn’t fit into my busy schedule. Boo.
- Spend the night in six other California cities/towns.
No progress, but have a May overnight on the calendar.
- Achieve something major professionally.
Successfully pulled off the inaugural TYPO San Francisco meeting attendance and other goals!
- Go to an 18 reasons event once per month.
Schmendrick’s Bagel Education
- Have a new Totally Not For Mom story once a month (feel free to request password if you are not related to me).
Wouldn’t you like to know? Ha. This is on track. Oh, is it ever.
- Make a new San Francisco/Bay Area friend a month.
Made a lot of new friends through the TYPO conference. Excited about keeping this goal up!
- Volunteer for something new each month.
Sunday Streets, Asian Film Fest
- Use my digital camera at least once a week.
Really should’ve made this a once a month goal. Have pics from Easter I need to upload.
- Go to an art event, film screening or lecture at least once per month.
A bunch of film screenings in March: “This Is Not Love” (SFAAF shorts), Jake Shimabukuro Doc & Performance (SFAAF); “The Island President” (3/20) (SFFS)
- Go out for a “foodie” meal at least once a month.
Maven (3/19) with Ingrid.
- Kiss a South American. (This has been an unofficial goal for several years, as it’s my last remaining inhabited continent. I figure by making it official maybe I’ll be more motivated.)
Continues to be elusive.
- Be the kind of person you don’t meet everyday, every day. (Thanks Derek for this one!)
I’m trying! (But hoorah for abstract goals).
- Walk down a new street in SF each month. (Thanks Mary Ann!)
I didn’t note if I did or didn’t. Whoops.
- Learn who each of the San Francisco supervisors are and who/where they represent. (Thanks Jodi!)
I really need to get a hustle on learning this.
- Pamper myself with a massage, facial or mani/pedi once a month. (Thanks again Jodi!)
Got a haircut before my conference!
- Befriend someone over 60. (Thanks Sadie!)
Achieved in Feb!
- Buy something for a stranger once a quarter. (Thanks Dave P!)
Disposed of my Disposable Film Fest Tickets to a twitter stranger, Gave an uneaten breakfast to homeless kids
- Send a letter or card to a different person once a week.
3/19: Monica D.; 4/2: mom & dad; 4/10: WI Dept of Revenue