About to write by 32 by 33 wrap up and figured I should probably link one of them to my top concerts from last year. Apologies for the short post and lack of links, but you’re getting something.
You know it’s a good year when you have no choice but to put Flaming Lips doing The Soft Bulletin at #3 and can only pick one show from the music-specific trip you took to Wiggins, Mississippi!
10. St. Vincent & David Byrne at The Orpheum SF in October (achieved life goal of seeing Byrne live)
9. Niki & The Dove at Rickshaw Stop (SF) in October
8. Hollerado (the 2nd of 3 bands opening for Imperial Teen, yet playing like they were headlining a huge venue) at Cafe du Nord (SF) in February (NoisePop show)
7. Django Django at The Independent (SF) in September
6. Glossary at Wigginstock in October
5. Alabama Shakes at The Independent (SF) in January (we were against the stage, it was awesome)
4. St. Vincent (Tune-Yards co-headlined and were great too, but Annie Clark stole the show) at Fox Theater (Oakland) in April
3. Flaming Lips (playing The Soft Bulletin) at Bimbo’s 365 (SF) in February (NoisePop show)
2. Pulp at The Warfield (SF) in April (which would have been one of my top shows ever, but for…)
1. Patti Smith at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass in October