I’m a couple of weeks late, but still plowing away at my 33 by 34. Here’s where I was at by March 11:
- Pay off one source of outstanding debt.
Not much progress.
- Do yoga twice a week.
Continued to meet or exceed every week.
- Visit one of my four remaining states (Arkansas, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Alaska).
- Publish one blog post per week.
Only failed one week, but managed to not complete slip up.
- Devote one-on-one time to a different friend each week, either in person or by phone/long email thread.
So lucky that I did this. Been very busy so I can’t wait to rotate more friends into this list.
- Eat a sit-down meal of one different type of ethnic cuisine each month (burritos & sushi to go don’t count!)
Thanks to 18 reasons bringing the United Noshes folks to SF, I got to experience Fijian food (pictured), which I likely won’t ever have again!
- Go to an 18 reasons event once per month.
In addition to the above, went to the Farmhouse Cheese & Beer Pairing during SF Beer Week and their Spring Beer Pairing dinner in early March.
- Read one San Francisco-set/authored book per month.
Just eeked out reading The Samurai’s Garden, set in Japan but authored by Bay Area writer Gail Tsukiyama.
- Send a letter or card to a different person once a month.
Auntie Meghan strikes again with a gift to lovely little Max in Milwaukee (congrats Kristen & Joel), as well as a random mail project to an assortment of Facebook friends.
- Try a new hike once per month.
Not much hiking due to half training, but managed to do the Wildcat Peak hike in Berkeley with MAB after a long run.
- Use my digital camera once a month.
On the hike.
- See a different Bay Area band in concert each month.
Thanks to my friend Sandheep’s extra ticket, got to go to the incredible UnderCover Presents: Kid A at Rickshaw Stop. Such an experience.
- Get a massage once a month.
Thank you massage membership at Yoga Garden.
- Watch an SF-set movie once a month.
Sadly failed at this one.
- See a different visual arts exhibition each month.
Totally counting the preview of the Bay Lights I got to attend. Additionally, thanks to my SFMOMA membership, went to the opening preview of the Garry Winogrand exhibit.
- Do a San Francisco stairway or city walk each month.
Made up for January slacking! Did two City Guides walks — Hitchcock Walking Tour and Bawdy & Naughty Tour. I also did the Walk San Francisco Hidden Stairways of the Castro walk.
- Participate in one community fitness event (5k, bike ride, etc.) each month.
In addition to the Castro walk, I did another Love Your Lanes ride with the SFBC, through District 3.
- Touch the ocean at least once per month.
Pictured below, my hand at China Beach on Prez Day Weekend.
- Bike somewhere new once a month.
Land’s End to Presidio loop, West Oakland to Berkeley
- Plan six SF outings, one in each of the following neighborhoods: Inner & Outer Sunset/Richmond, Bernal Heights, Glen Park.
No progress, though did have friends move to the Inner Richmond, so there’s a start.
- Use each of my SF organizational memberships at least once per quarter.
Only 18 Reasons, Roxie, SFMOMA, SFFS and SF Bike…
- See two movies at The Roxie each month.
UPSTREAM COLOR, BLACK MOON, THE JEFFREY DAHMER FILES (Go Milwaukee film community on the last one!)
- Go to at least four performing arts events.
COMPLETE! (really should’ve shot higher). Nijinsky (SF Ballet), Hedwig (Boxcar Theater), Dead Metaphor (ACT)
- Attend one live game of each professional sports team in the area (Giants, As, 49ers, Raiders, Warriors, Sharks)
- Do at least four things I previously said I’d never do.
Bought Burning Man tickets AND went to an International Bathhouse where I walked around naked in public! It was awesome!
- Learn each of the San Francisco supervisors and their districts.
- Schedule 1 hour per week to work on writing projects.
A goal I need to take more seriously.
- Go to Yosemite.
- Run at least 500 miles.
Ran 56 miles during February, 103 for 2013 through 2/28.
- Do a one week cleanse (no coffee, alcohol or processed foods).
- Travel to a new continent (Africa, Oceania, South America).
No progress other than dreaming!
- Participate in a homebrew batch.
Stewarded at a homebrew competition, but
- Relearn six words in Spanish each month.
Relearned greetings in the Babbel app.