It’s hard for me to believe that this is the third San Francisco International Film Festival that I’ll both volunteer with and attend.
Originally a friend was going to visit for the fest again, so I actually made some time to go through the program this year far in advance (even attended the Member’s Night Preview – see picture). Even though the visit fell through, I’m thrilled I committed to at least the following screenings and events (I’m sure I’ll wind up at more). I can’t wait! If any of these sound cool to you, feel free to tag along:
Saturday, April 27:
- State of the Cinema with Steven Soderbergh
- Afternoon Delight
- Much Ado About Nothing (Joss Whedon version! NERD OUT!)
- Inside the Drunken Mind of Derek Waters
Sunday, April 28:
Monday, April 29:
Thursday, May 2:
Saturday, May 4:
Sunday, May 5:
- Me & You
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978 version, at the Castro. I’m going to FREAK MYSELF OUT)
Wednesday, May 8:
Thursday, May 9:
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW EXCITED I AM THAT THE CLOSING NIGHT FILM IS:
- Before Midnight (the third installation of my favorite sequel pairing of all time Before Sunrise and Before Sunset).
See you after the 9th (or at the movies)!