Well at least I got one actual post in last month…BUT I’m not waiting 3 more to tell you how I’m doing with the goals, even though they’re not in the BEST shape. Here goes (maybe I’ll add links and photos later):
- Pay off one source of outstanding debt.
Sadly a little off track here as I’m preparing to go to Burning Man and a gal needs her costumes (and camping stuff).
- Do yoga twice a week.
I changed my membership at my studio last month, so only made it to class 7 times. Not too shabby, but still will probably upgrade after my round of travel is over.
- Visit one of my four remaining states (Arkansas, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Alaska).
Debating going to a music thing in Arkansas in December, may have flight alert set.
- Publish one blog post per week.
Complete and utter failure…still.
- Devote one-on-one time to a different friend each week, either in person or by phone/long email thread.
No problems here.
- Eat a sit-down meal of one different type of ethnic cuisine each month (burritos & sushi to go don’t count!)
I seriously cannot remember!
- Go to an 18 reasons event once per month.
Still trucking along with Farm School.
- Read one San Francisco-set/authored book per month.
Expanding this to “Bay Area” so I can totally count reading Khaled Hosseini’s “And The Mountains Echoed” for book club.
- Send a letter or card to a different person once a month.
Another one I didn’t track, although I know I sent something!
- Try a new hike once per month.
When I was home in Portland I did the Audubon Society loop.
- Use my digital camera once a month.
Fail on this one.
- See a different Bay Area band in concert each month.
My roommate is in a band! Mary Jones’ Lights. Went to two shows. Bam.
- Get a massage once a month.
Thanks Mom for getting me one while I was in PDX.
- Watch an SF-set movie once a month.
There were some scenes from A BAND CALLED DEATH set in San Francisco. So I’m counting it.
- See a different visual arts exhibition each month.
Went to a photo exhibit with my friend Amy at the Harvey Milk Center and hit up SFMOMA on the go’s Beyond Belief exhibit AND a member mixer at Sports Basement.
- Do a San Francisco stairway or city walk each month.
Had a lovely outing last weekend doing the Russian Hill South stairway walk. Finally hit Macondray Lane!
- Participate in one community fitness event (5k, bike ride, etc.) each month.
Giants Race Half Marathon! With an excellent time too!
- Touch the ocean at least once per month.
I don’t think I did 😦
- Bike somewhere new once a month.
New spots in Portland, as well as Mission to Noe to Glen Park to City College area in SF
- Plan six SF outings, one in each of the following neighborhoods: Inner & Outer Sunset/Richmond, Bernal Heights, Glen Park.
Working on this still…
- Use each of my SF organizational memberships at least once per quarter.
The usual line up.
- See two movies at The Roxie each month.
HOW TO MAKE MONEY SELLING DRUGS, A BAND CALLED DEATH, DOWNLOADED
- Go to at least four performing arts events.
- Attend one live game of each professional sports team in the area (Giants, As, 49ers, Raiders, Warriors, Sharks)
- Do at least four things I previously said I’d never do.
Beyond complete. I just can’t tell you yet.
- Learn each of the San Francisco supervisors and their districts.
- Schedule 1 hour per week to work on writing projects.
A goal I need to take more seriously. Still…
- Go to Yosemite.
- Run at least 500 miles.
67 miles in July! At 317 for the year.
- Do a one week cleanse (no coffee, alcohol or processed foods).
- Travel to a new continent (Africa, Oceania, South America).
- Participate in a homebrew batch.
No further progress.
- Relearn six words in Spanish each month.
No. Means the same in Spanish.