One of the side effects of training for a marathon at the end of July is that it makes the first seven months of the year mash together in one giant blur. Apparently it’s August now. Here’s eight things I’m looking forward to in the 8th month of 2014:
1. Attending my first yoga retreat and celebrating 20 years of friendship with high school gal pals Mary Ann and Marley at a gorgeous and peaceful venue. (I think after 20 years you can use phrases like “gal pals”, right?)
2. Celebrating the birthdays of my Leo friends. Those lions know how to throw good parties.
3. Finally hanging out with ex-Milwaukee, now East Bay friend, Virginia, with a double-fun day of baseball and boating.
4. Helping my Burning Man Camp get ready for the playa, even if I’m not going this year. (Though I swore to Shannon that I’m in for 2015, which means I am).
5. Showing ex-Milwaukee, now Twin Cities, friend Cecelia, and her husband, San Francisco. This trip has been in the making since I moved here. Can’t wait!
6. Getting my first haircut since April. I’m ready for something fun, fresh and fierce.
7. Prepping for my role as a Peak2Peak leader and recruiting my friends to participate in the event with me again this year. Also hopefully getting in some hikes and stairway walks once my taper training ends.
What are you looking forward to this month?