Somehow it’s already the 5th of September. August, as expected, ended up being a busy month and, as usual, my attempts at blogging suffered. Regardless, here are nine things I’m looking forward to in the 9th month of 2014.
1. CHICAGO! I’ll be in the Windy City for the Brand New Conference on September 25-26, but staying the weekend after to catch up with friends. Join me at the Map Room on Saturday the 27th for craft beers and chuckles. I’m also looking for a lead on Packers/Bears tickets for Sunday (although after last night’s embarrassing season opener, maybe not).
2. PEAK 2 PEAK! It’s my second year as a walk leader for the sold out Walk San Francisco event. Looking forward to a new route, walking with friends old and new, and seeing this beautiful city from new angles.
3. Friday Night Markets at UN Plaza. Heading to the first one with coworkers tonight. Love the activation of public space.
4. Morning Raving again. I went to the first Morning Gloryville Rave back in June and my schedule hasn’t matched up to make it to any others. I’m jazzed that I’ll be able to make it on September 17.
6. Diving into TYPO San Francisco planning. Now is the time of year when I really get to move ahead with the programming of the annual design conference. Thrilled to jump in! I love my job!
7. Finding my groove again with local events. In just the next week, I’m hitting the Lower Haight Art Walk, d.Talks with AIGA, a super nerdy and awesome SF history night, Artcrank bike poster exhibit AND Tour de Fat.
8. Hiking with friends. Now that I don’t have to dedicate weekend days to several hours of running, I can get back out to the trails and outdoors around my city, appreciating nature at a much slower pace. Planning to hit the Purisma Creek Redwoods this Sunday and return to Alamere Falls the next for a friend’s birthday hike.
9. Keepin’ on cooking on. I failed at updating with another Monday Munchies post, but my CSA has definitely gotten me back in the kitchen. I’ll be pausing after my shipment this week, but rededicated to make meals at home and bring lunch in. Saving so much money doing this as well!