I found it.
I found a magical rainbow glitterstorm on the first day of 2015.
Oh me-of-little-faith doubted its existence in clearing away the shitstorm of 2014. I jokingly said I realized that it wouldn’t happen. But after almost 24 hours of friends, laughter, power naps, sunrises, rooftops, donuts and joy, there it was, the glitterstorm, unmistakable, in the midst of a ridiculously awesome dance party.
San Francisco provided again.
I gave back. Walking home at 9:30 p.m. on January 1 after 24 hours in gold sparkles, putting a smile on countless faces I walked past. “You are sparkletastic!” one gentleman told me. What a mantra to follow for the new year!
Since glitter washed away the past, I’ll keep my traditional recap looking forward not back. Here are 15 things (in no particular order) I’m looking forward to in 2015:
- Joining my marketing colleagues in London later this month and taking a side trip to Lisbon.
- Seeing Patti Smith, The Decemberists and Sleater-Kinney again.
- Finally seeing Neutral Milk Hotel before they once again go on permanent hiatus.
- Being here for Bay to Breakers!
- Making the magic happen again at TYPO San Francisco. Get your early bird tickets by January 15.
- TYPO Berlin.
- Checking off my 50th state – Alaska – for the summer solstice.
- Finally going to the San Francisco Beer Week Gala!
- Having my weekends free from training runs.
- Going to a group campout in the Sierra foothills in May.
- Chairing the new Walk San Francisco fundraising committee.
- Returning to Burning Man with an incredible camp.
- Continuing to deepen my yoga practice at Yoga Garden.
- Getting to the Ai Wei Wei exhibit at Alcatraz.
- The everyday magic and wonder of living in my dream city.